About The Book
Meticulous attention and care have been taken to prepare this new edition of The Noble Qur’an: With meaning and explanatory notes by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani. This unique copy is available in two formats, the standard edition and the deluxe edition.
- The hardback deluxe edition is elegantly bound in thermo-leather with gold-blocking and foil embellishments.
- An Arabic medallion al-Qur’an al-Karim is laser engraved on three sides of the cover.
- This edition is printed on the finest 92gsm Japanese Speciart paper.
- The elegant illuminated calligraphy found on the opening spread of the Fātiḥah and Baqarah are a facsimile of the Tipu Sultan (1441–1442/845ah) muṣḥaf, originally written by the scribe Muhammad Mu’min ibn ‘Abdillah al-Muwarid. This was a copy originally produced for Sultan Abu Shuja’ ad-Din Bahadur Khan, the ruler of the Transoxiana region at the time, and now housed at the University of St Andrews’ Library in Scotland.
- The clear and beautifully typeset text of the Qur’an is based on the Madīnan muṣḥaf while retaining the useful features of the Indian subcontinent copy. The Arabic text is presented in the top half of each page followed by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani’s renowned English translation and notes below it.
- The cover design and internal typesetting is the meticulous and patient work of the renowned designer ARM of WTP.
- Special illuminated medallions have been placed in the margins to designate the start of a new sūrah or new part (juzʾ).
- Each page of the Qur’an is decorated with Pantone gold borders around the Arabic text.
- The Qur’anic text is concluded with a beautiful and meaningful supplication to be read upon completion, taken from the Tipu Sultan (1441–1442 (845 ah) muṣḥaf. An English transliteration and translation of the supplication is included.
- A detailed twenty-two-page index is appended at the end.
- The deluxe edition weighs approximately 3.35kg.
- Dimensions: 21x29cm
“This is a pre-order, book will ship in the second week of November 2020”
About The Author
Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani is one of the leading Islamic scholars living today. He is an expert in the fields of Islamic Jurisprudence,Economics, Hadith and Tasawwuf. Born in Deoband in 1362H(1943 CE), he graduated par excellence from Dars e Nizami at Darul Uloom, Karachi, Pakistan. For the past 35 years, he has been teaching at the Darul-Uloom in Karachi.
He also holds a degree in law and has sat as Judge at the Shari’ah Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He is a consultant to several international Islamic financial institutions and has played a key part in the move toward interest free banking and the establishment of Islamic financial institutions.
He is currently the deputy chairman of the Jeddah based Islamic Fiqh Council of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC). He has also authored more than 40 books on various Islamic topics.