The land of Palestine is steeped in history, religious traditions and the sacrifice of its people. From Jericho, one of the oldest cities in the world, to Jerusalem, one of the most holy, Palestine offers every visitor a glance into the amazing expanse of human existence that has flourished on these lands. Although any trip to Palestine is likely to be marred by the occupation, it also promises adventure and a trip not to be forgotten. The hospitality of the Palestinian people, their culture and traditions, and their innate friendly nature makes every trip one to treasure. Join us on this remarkable journey through the rich tapestry of history and civilization in Humas Travel Guide to Palestine.
Huma’s Travel Guide to Palestine is a must have companion for those interested in, or journeying to Palestine and Israel (historical Palestine). It is unique in providing:
- Detailed, practical information on Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip and Israel orhistorical Palestine
- Essential travel information Recommended places to eat, stay, visit and shop
- Easy-to-use maps
- In-depth information on historical and sacred sites
- A language and culture guide
- Fiqh of travel
- Biographies of key Palestinian personalities
- Written and researched by Ismail Adam Patel & Arwa Aburawa. With additional contributions by Zeenat Ghumra, Ghazala Caratella, Bilal Badat, Yunus Mohamed, Saleem Seedat and Mufti Abdur-Rahman Ibn Yusuf.
About the Author:
Ismail Patel (born 1963) is a British optician, and founder of Friends of Al-Aqsa, in Leicester, about 1995. He is an advisory board member of the Conflicts Forum, director of IslamExpo, and a member of the Special Advisory Board of Clear Conscience. He writes commentary for The Guardian, and The Independent, Aljazeera English, and Arabian Business.
Author: Ismail Adam Patel
Publisher: Turath Publishing